While Gmail is already straightforward to use, it can still be quite confusing for beginners. Aside from its features, one might also need tips on signing in and out of the account. If that’s your case, please read on. Below, we’ll discuss the steps on how to sign out of Gmail on Mac, PC, iPhones and Android devices.
Sign Out of Gmail on Mac / PC
While Gmail is accessible on mobile devices, it’s still more flexible to use on the web. However, unlike on phones, the web app requires more actions and configurations. Thankfully, it’s easy to sign out of Gmail on PC and Mac:
Sign Out of a Single Gmail Account
- Open Gmail and click the profile icon.
- Press the “Sign out” button to proceed.
Sign Out of Multiple Gmail Accounts
- In Gmail, click the profile icon.
- Hit the “Sign out of all accounts” button to proceed.
Remove an Account(s)
- After signing out, click the “Remove an account” option.
- Select an account to remove, hit the red remove icon, and then the “Yes, remove” option.
Sign Out of Gmail on iPhone
Yes, Gmail on the web is a much better experience. However, that doesn’t mean the mobile app is terrible; in fact, it’s the other way around. Moreover, on iPhones, the process of signing out an account looks like this:
On an iPhone, there is only one way to remove a Gmail account:
- Open the Gmail app and click the profile icon.
- Press the “Manage accounts on this device” option.
- Select an account and hit the “Remove from this device” button under it.
- Click “Remove” to proceed.
Sign Out of Gmail on Android
On Android devices, there are two ways to sign out of a Gmail account:
Via the Gmail app
- Open the Gmail app and click the profile icon.
- Press the “Manage accounts on this device” to proceed.
- Hit the Google icon and select an account
- Tap the Three Dotted Menu and Select Remove Account.
Via Device’s Settings
- Launch your Android device’s Settings app and open the “Accounts” or “Accounts & sync” item.
- Click the “Google” option
- Select and press an account.
- Hit the “More” icon and then the “Remove account” text.
Sign Out of Google Workspace (Formerly G Suite) Account
Google Workspace (formerly GSuite) is Google’s productivity platform for businesses and organizations. While it has many robust features, signing out an account is as easy as these steps:
Sign Out an Account
- In the Google Admin Console, click the profile icon.
- Under the popup, press the “Sign out” button to proceed.
Remove an Account
- After signing out a Workspace account, click the “Remove an account” option.
- Select an account and hit the remove icon beside it.
- Press the “Yes, remove” text to confirm the deletion.
Things To Do Before Signing Out
Before signing out of a Gmail or Google Workspace account, it’s essential to check and do a few things:
Save All Work Changes
While many of Google’s services include autosave features, it’s still ideal to manually save work. In many cases, like the browser displaying inaccurate data or that the network suddenly slows down, file saving progress can break. Considering this, checking the file or document version and sync progress before signing out would help.
Before signing out of your Gmail account, it’s best to download essential files that you may need later. In the event of any errors, having them ready would be a lifesaver. Besides, it’s also useful for when traveling and not having a stable or present internet connection.
It might be common knowledge, but Google still requires a user to log in after signing out, even on the same device. If you’ve created a new Gmail account, please make sure to remember your password or save it on your browser. By doing so, you won’t lose your account if you don’t have a registered backup email or mobile number.
Set Vacation Notice
If you’re signing out an account to go on leave or vacation, it’s best to set auto-reply so future email senders can learn your status. This way, you can remain off-grid yet still following up on messages.
Assign Another Admin
In a Google Workspace organization, projects and tasks can be very timely and essential. Consequently, before logging out of your account, it’s crucial to assign another user as an admin. By doing so, someone can still attend to the members’ requests even when you’re offline.
Complete All Critical Tasks and Requests
If no one is eligible to be a co-admin, it would be best to complete all critical tasks and requests first before signing out. Additionally, you can announce a temporary timeout for requests so members won’t have to wonder and worry.
Easily Sign Out of Gmail with Boxysuite
While learning Gmail’s fundamental features and operations is beneficial, it’s not only the thing to do. Aside from that, taking advantage of the tool’s power and using it in the best way possible is ideal. Should you agree and are using a Mac, then you’ll love Boxysuite.
As a well-developed and designed app, it has the same intuitive interface and supports all of Gmail’s features; it’s easy to send and receive emails, log in and sign out of Gmail on Mac, and do countless tasks.