Gmail today is used for various requirements including team collaboration, sending emails, managing contacts, and many more. There is also a possibility that you might lose your Gmail data due to a malicious hack or a technical glitch on your device. It’s always a good idea to keep your Gmail data safe and exporting your Gmail contacts is one of them.
Whatever the reason, you can export your Gmail contacts on your local device, on the cloud, or 3rd party CRMs for safekeeping. In this article, we explain how you can export Gmail contacts. Read on!
How to Export Contacts from Gmail on a Computer?
Step 1: Log in to Your Google Account
- Open Google.com on your browser
- Click on Sign-in on the top-right corner
- Enter your email and password to login into your Google Account
Also Read: How to Create a Gmail Account
Step 2: Open Google Contacts
- Click on the nine-dotted menu in the top-right corner
- Click on Contacts
Step 3: Click on Export
Step 4: Select File Format
- Google CSV: With this option, you can import a contact to another Gmail account in google.csv format.
- Outlook CSV (Gmail-to-outlook.csv): With this option, you can import these contacts to Microsoft Outlook in outlook.csv format.
- VCard Format (contacts.vcf): With this, you can import contacts to OS X Mail, Apple Address Book, or any other contact application in contacts.vcf format.
Step 5: Click on Export
All your selected contacts are now downloaded to your machine. You can open the file format and verify the successful export of your contacts.
How to Export Contacts from Gmail on Your Phone?
The process of exporting Gmail contacts on a Phone is quite similar to that of a computer. However, the export contact feature is not available on iOS devices. iOS users can only sync Gmail contacts. If you are an Android user you can easily export contacts on your device. To export Contacts on your Phone:
Step 1: Open Google Contacts App on your phone
Step 2: Tap on the Three-dotted Menu
Step 3: Tap on Settings
Step 4: Click on Export
Step 5: Choose your Gmail account from which you wish to export contacts.
Step 6: Tap on the export file as contacts.vcf file.
You can also export in .csv format but this format is currently not supported on Android devices. However, a web view of this format can be opened on your smartphone.
Manage Your Contacts with Boxysuite
Boxy for Contacts, a native Contacts app for Mac provides an easy-to-use interface that lets you manage all your Gmail contacts, create new contacts, delete contacts, export and import contacts, and much more Boxy for Contacts is the only Contacts app you need that offers various other features for mac including integrated Gmail, Calendar and Keep Notes. Try Boxysuite for free today!