A group email is very helpful in various occasions that includes sending email to multiple recipients including friends and families, official newsletters, sales emails, announcements, and much more. Creating different groups of emails makes it convenient to compose and send emails to all members of specific groups at once. Group emails can save you a lot of time as you don’t have to manually add tons of names in
“To,” “Cc,” and “Bcc” fields while sending an email.
While you can easily create and maintain email groups in Gmail, follow this step-by-step guide so you don’t miss a thing!
Create an Email Group in Google Contacts
To create and send a group email in Gmail, first, you need to create an email group in Google contacts. Once you add a list of required contacts under a label in Google contacts, you can easily import all emails at once in Gmail. To create an email group in Google contacts:
1. Open Google Contacts via contacts.google.com
2. Select the contacts you wish to add in the group
3. After you select the required contacts, click on the “Manage Labels” button at the top.
4. Click on “Create Label” in the dropdown menu.
5. Enter email group name and click save
How to Create a Group Email in Gmail?
Now that your email group is ready, it’s time to create and send a group email. To send a group email in Gmail:
1. Open Gmail via mail.google.com
2. Click “Compose” to create a new message.
3. You can add your email group in Gmail by entering your label name in the “To” field. When you type the label name, you will automatically see the group suggestion and you can select the email group.
Alternatively, you can click in the “To”, click my contacts and select your group from there.
4. Once you add the label, you will see all the list of emails added in the “To” section. You can now send an email like you normally do.
You can also create multiple groups in contacts for different purposes as per your need. We hope this article helped you create and send group emails in Gmail. Stay tuned and subscribe to Boxysuite for more exciting productivity hacks, updates and more.