Every Gmail user knows how awesome the Gmail app is. With its handy filters, instant search, and powerful spam detection technology, it’s a great way to manage your emails. Additionally, Gmail is free for all and you make the most out of it to boost your productivity and keep up with your schedule.
One of the coolest features that Gmail offers is multilingual support. You can write your email in any language you want. Gmail is currently available in 105 different languages with over 100 virtual keyboards, input methods and styles, and transliterations that are here to help users type their messages in their desired language. Although the majority of Gmail users choose the English language for sending an email due to its popularity, the option to choose another input method gives users more power and control over their inbox.
In this article, we discuss how you can easily change your Gmail language on both mobile and desktop devices. Read on!
How to Change Your Gmail Language on a Computer?
On a desktop site, you can directly update your Gmail language from your inbox.
1. Log in to Gmail via mail.google.com
2. Click on Settings, in the top right corner.
3. Click on See all Settings
4. In the General tab, go to the language section
5. Choose your Gmail display language by clicking the dropdown menu. This will change the display language of your Gmail inbox.
6. To type in another language in Gmail, click on Enable Input Tools. Select your desired input method from the menu. Double click on the input tool to add it to your inbox.
7. Once you have selected the language, scroll down and click on save changes.
8. To use the input method you just selected, go to your inbox and click on a little keyboard sign in the upper right corner.
9. Compose a new message and you will see the input methods you just added.
How to Change Gmail Language in Mobile Devices?
On your Android or iPhone device:
1. Go to Phone Settings
2. Go to Language Settings
3. Tap on Add a Language
4. Search and Select your desired language.
5. After you have selected the language, go to your Gmail inbox to see the changes.
6. To change the input method on your mobile devices, Tap on Keyboard and Input Method.
7. Select the desired input language and keyboard. Additionally, You can also download language packs or keyboards from the app store.
We hope you were able to change your Gmail language. Subscribe to Boxysuite for more Gmail guides and updates!