If you find yourself in a situation where you lose all of your emails, it is a huge inconvenience because you might lose important data and there is so much work that needs to be done to set up a new Gmail account. And the data you lost might or might not be recoverable. In order to prevent any mishaps, you should make sure that your Gmail account has encryption and a backup. Have you heard of the expression “a backup is better than a cure”?
This article will guide you on how you can create a backup of your Gmail account, Google services and download data that you can use to restore your email account in the event of an emergency. Read on!
How To Backup A Gmail Account?
It’s always a good practice to backup files and data, especially if something goes wrong. In this section, you’ll find step-by-step guides on backing up Gmail, Google services, and Google account data.
Backup Gmail Account
Since it’s a Gmail account, backing up Gmail data first is an ideal move:
1. Log in to your Google account, and click the nine-dotted menu.
2. Select the “Account” icon.
3. Go to “Data & personalization,” move down to “Things you create and do,” and press “Go to Google Dashboard.“
4. Look for Gmail, press the dropdown button, press the three-dotted menu, and select the “Download data” option.
5. Click the “Next step” button until you see and click the “Create export” button.
6. In “Manage your exports,” click the “Download” button to get your file.
7. Input your password to verify your identity and click the “Next” button.
8. Save the file to a folder destination.
Backup Other Google Services
Aside from Gmail, you can also individually export data from each Google service. As an example, Google Calendar is the subject. To do so, please follow these steps:
1. In the “Google Dashboard,” click the Calendar’s dropdown button and then the three-dotted menu.
3. Select the “Download data” option.
4. Click the “Next step” button until you see and click the “Create export” button.
5. In “Manage your exports,” click the “Download” button in line with the “Calendar” item to get your file.
8. Input your password to verify identity and click the “Next” button.
9. Save the file to a folder destination.
Download All Your Data
While you can backup data from each Google service individually, it could be time-consuming. As a result, Google provides an option to download all your linked data. The process should look like this:
1. Visit Google Search, login into your account, and click the nine-dotted menu.
2. Select the “Account” icon.
3. Go to “Data & personalization.”
4. Move down to “Download, delete or make a plan for your data” and hit the “Download your data” item.
5. In “Google Takeout,” deselect any service, data, or file to exclude in the export.
6. Click the “Deselect all” text to clear the selection.
7. Scroll down at the end and click the “Next step” button.
8. In “Manage your exports,” click the “Download” button of the first item on the list.
9. Input your password to verify your identity and click the “Next” button.
10. Save the file to a folder destination.
11. Click the “takeout” file to open your backup.
We hope our article guided you well on how to backup your Gmail account. We know that any time your Gmail account is compromised, there are bound to be many implications. It’s always a safe practice to Keep your Gmail password secure and change password occasionally to maintain the security of your account. With this article, we hope that you learned how to protect yourself from a potential false closure of your Gmail account. Additionally, you can use Boxysuite if you are on Mac to easily and automatically take backup of your Gmail account. We would love to hear any feedback on the comments below!