If you have a Gmail account and an email account at another provider, you are probably looking for ways to avoid logging into both of these accounts and reading your messages in two different places. Having all your incoming emails in one place will save a lot of your time and ensure you don’t miss an important message. If you were wondering how to achieve that, all you have to do is forward email to Gmail.
How to Forward Email to Gmail: Two Methods
When talking about forwarding your emails to a Gmail account, we have two main methods – manual and automatic. Both of these types are really simple and will not take too much of your time.
Log into your account and click on the message you want to forward to your or someone else’s inbox. Click on the arrow next to the “Reply” button in the top of your message and choose the option “Forward.” Enter a Gmail email address and press “Send.” This is the basic and most common way to forward emails to each other and ourselves as well.
Log into your email account and click on the “Settings” button, which is usually placed at the right top corner. Click on the option “Forwarding.” Find the “Forward a copy of the incoming email to” option and enter the Gmail address where you want to forward all of your incoming email messages. Then, save these changes and expect your next email to appear in that Gmail inbox!
Forwarding Emails From Different Email Providers
As there are many email providers, the process of forwarding emails to a Gmail account can vary from one to another. To help you do it right in a few seconds without spending too much time on trying out different ways, check the forwarding steps depending on the provider.
- Log into your Outlook Web app and click on the gear icon in the right top corner.
- Choose “Options” and click on “Organize email.”
- Click on the “Inbox rules” option and choose “New.”
- Tick the box next to “Apply to all messages.”
- Choose “Forward, redirect or send” and then choose “Forward the message to.”
- Type the Gmail email address where you want to forward your emails into the “To” field.
- Click on the “OK” button, and then click “Save.”
- Log in to the Yahoo Mail account and click on the gear icon in the right top corner.
- Choose “Settings” and then “Accounts.”
- Choose your Yahoo email account and scroll down to select “Forward.”
- Enter the Gmail address where your emails will be forwarded from now on.
- Select “Store and forward” option or “Store and forward and mark as read” if you want Yahoo Mail to mark it as read before forwarding it to the Gmail account.
- Click on “Save” and expect a confirmation email from Yahoo to that Gmail address.
- Verify the Gmail account by clicking on the link in the Yahoo message.
- Log into your Gmail account, click on the gear icon in the right top corner and click on “Settings.”
- Click on the “Accounts and Import” tab, and then on the “Import mail and contacts” link.
- Insert your AOL Mail credentials and choose the option to import all messages. Keep in mind that this will only be active for 30 days, as AOL doesn’t allow its users to forward their email to other accounts.
- Select “Start Import,” and you will be receiving your AOL Mail messages to your Gmail inbox for the next 30 days.
When to Use This Feature?
There are numerous situations where you can benefit from this great feature. Forwarding all of your emails to one place will help you keep track of things and have a better overview of your communication on that platform.
You might even decide to create a new email address, but you don’t want to lose all of your messages from the old inbox. All you have to do is forward email to Gmail account, and you don’t have to worry about it anymore.
Moreover, you might have to send a certain number of your email messages regarding a particular project to your new colleague or to somebody who is taking over your project. In a situation like this, forwarding emails is the simplest way to deliver information.
You can even forward specific emails to your boss, depending on the nature of your business. This significantly simplifies your communication process as you don’t have to keep in mind to forward certain emails. Instead, they are being forwarded automatically.
Gmail Blocks My Emails
You’ve done everything right, but you’re still not receiving your emails to your Gmail inbox? Sometimes, Gmail will block or mark the messages you are forwarding to your Gmail account from other email providers as “spam.”
If you’re experiencing similar problems when forwarding your messages, you will need to contact Gmail’s support team and let them figure out what is blocking your emails. If your Gmail account treats your incoming emails as spam, they need to find out why is that so. If you’re not receiving your forwarding emails at all, the problem lies in either your Gmail account or the other email provider you are using.
Learning how to automatically forward email to Gmail will help you be more efficient in your email communication, whether you’re using it for personal or professional purposes. These days, we’re all actively communicating via email, and if we can simplify all of our communication processes, why not?
More importantly, emails we receive on a daily basis are important to us for numerous reasons. We might need them to perform better at our jobs, find a new job opportunity, communicate with friends who live in another country or something else completely.
Regardless of the reason, not making the most of Gmail will take too much of your time which you could invest in something more valuable than manually forwarding your emails!