Half of the world’s population – around 4 billion people – use emails which makes this communication channel one of the best ways to reach your customers, raise brand awareness, and increase sales. And while skeptics say that email newsletters are the vestiges of the past, we know that this instrument will continue to nurture leads and contribute to the success of your business. With the right approach, of course.
Below you will find the main reasons to invest in an email marketing campaign and the tips on how to conduct it effectively: understanding the niche and audience, inserting images and video files, and more. Stay tuned!
Advantages of Email Marketing
If you are still not sure whether to add email marketing to your daily schedule or not, you should first get familiar with the main benefits of this tool. They include:
- Brand awareness growth by sharing educational content, updates, and news with subscribers.
- Bigger revenues thanks to numerous promotion techniques. For example, loyalty bonuses, early-bird discounts, free shipping, and so on.
- Higher website traffic by attracting subscribers with snippets of new posts and updates.
- Integration of other marketing channels. Tell users about your blog, social media accounts, or official website, and motivate them to subscribe.
- Customer engagement maintenance. Switching between different campaigns (will be discussed below) helps to keep readers interested and involved.
- Source of valuable data: customer behavior, preferences, and much more. Conduct surveys and feedback forms, and you’ll always have information for accurate analysis.
These are only the most common advantages of email marketing, but you can easily find tens of others depending on your goals and expectations. Email marketing can be the best strategy for your new business in 2022 and here are the tips on how you can make the most out of it!
Tips on Creating a Killer Email Marketing Campaign
Now is the right time to jump to the main tricks of creating emails that sell. With their help, you will be a real email marketing guru!
Know Your Goals
The first step of effective marketing is understanding why you need the email campaign. What are you willing to achieve with its help? What actions do you want the subscribers to make after opening your letter?
If you still don’t have clear answers, here are a few hints: increase brand awareness, show expertise in the niche, boost revenues, generate traffic, collect analytical information, and so on. Understanding the goals will help you to choose the right direction and achieve the results faster.
Select the Right Type of Campaign
As we have mentioned above, there are many types of business emails depending on your goals and audience. Let us enumerate only the most common ones:
- Welcome emails that are sent to users who have just signed up or made their first order
- Email newsletters with updates, industry news, useful tips, and blog announcements
- Cart abandonment to remind shoppers that they have left items in the cart without finalizing the purchase
- Re-engagement letters for inactive subscribers to win their attention back
- Seasonal offers. For example, gift ideas for Christmas or promotion of ski equipment during the winter season
- Announcements of new products, anniversaries, and special services
- Invitation emails. You can invite subscribers to regular events, webinars, parties, conferences, and other gatherings both online and offline
- Promotions and discounts for completing reviews, adding another item to the card, and so on
- Holiday emails with special discounts and offers during Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Easter, and other holidays
To achieve the best results, you should use a combination of several email campaigns and professional email formats.
Pay Attention to Design
Business promotion isn’t done overnight and greatly relies on the overall design and brand recognition. If you want to make emails your weapon, you should invest in its design. It includes using branded logos and colors, adding white space to make the content readable, and establishing a clear hierarchy for better text organization. The emails should also be responsive, i.e., open easily both on desktop and mobile.
Choose Topic-related Images and Videos
While textual emails are still in use, subscribers interact better with visual content. That is why you should add relevant images and videos to make the information more attractive and descriptive. However, they shouldn’t occupy too much space, look out of place, or last as long as the new James Bond movie. You should also edit videos to make them look good and professional.
Personalized Subject Line and Content
We all want to be seen and heard. That is why your emails should refer to the individual needs of the customers. You need to insert catchy headlines and subject lines that show that you value each subscriber.
To achieve this, you should include the subscriber’s name in the subject line, use their location to promote products and services nearby, and send recommendations based on the previous purchases.
A/B Test Emails
No matter how hard you try, it is impossible to create an email that everyone will like. However, A/B testing helps to move closer to perfection. With its help, you can test two email versions by sending them to a small number of subscribers. By collecting feedback and tracking activity, you can see which version performs better. A/B testing also allows learning more about the audience – what actions they make, things that they like, and so on.
Make Emails Shareable
If you want to promote your business, you will need to spread the word to as many users as possible. And the simplest way to do it is to give subscribers an opportunity to share the letters with their friends and family through social media. Add buttons to Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and other platforms, and let users tell the world about your business. This will attract customers outside of the mailing list and increase sales without any effort. But make sure that the buttons are clear and visible, not hidden at the bottom of the letter.
Modern email tools come with an impressive list of reporting features. After sending the letters, you will have access to valuable statistics that measure such indicators as open rates, unsubscribe rates, click through rates, and so on. This information helps understand whether your marketing campaign is working or not and what parts should be improved or replaced.
Email marketing can be both: your secret weapon and a curse depending on the way you use it. First of all, set clear goals and understand what the audience needs. Then, create outstanding visuals with the help of a photo editor, and don’t forget about analyzing the results. Remember, only an integrated approach can lead to sustainable and positive results.